THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Refinancing our House ...

So we have decided to stay in our house, refinance and I am going to quit working. I am SO far beyond excited that I get to quit working and we can actually afford it. Things started out great when I called Coldwell Banker, who currently holds our mortgage, and told them that I wanted to refinance. He suggested using the VA Streamline Refinance which basically was really simple, no credit check, no income verification, just drop the interest rate and miss two house notes! Sounds good right? Well then I call back Saturday afternoon and they tell me that they have pulled the credit and there is a problem, I couldn't imagine what so I just let it go.

I called on Monday morning and was told that the loan was denied b/c of the credit issue. I find out that the credit issue is that Nissan was reporting a charge off for our Murano that we turned in early on our lease. However, that was paid IN FULL back in August and they were reporting this as of November.

I called Nissan and absolutely laid into them and of course they wrong and said that that they would fix it, that our credit would be updated in 48 hours and they would send me a letter stating that they were wrong and that it was being corrected.

So then the person that I originally spoke with on Saturday calls back and says, no it has not been denied, it was just simply waiting for manager over-ride and he would get back with me. I called back yesterday afternoon and was told that it had just come back from underwriting and was approved.

I called our person this morning and he called me back and left a message that he had everything he needed, he just needed me to call back and lock in everything so we could get it rolling! So it looks like after all that headache yesterday that things are going to be great, we get to skip two house notes and our note will drop by about $200. We are hoping that before we close in March that the rates will drop even lower and our house note will go down even more!!

0 comments: