THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, January 12, 2009

Market in Atlanta

So Mom and I went with Jackie and Rick to Atlanta this weekend to market. Jackie and Rick own a store called the Brass Brazierre in Opelika and she needed to shop for gifts and for her baby line. We had such a great time and there was SO much shopping!! I really enjoyed helping her pick out things to have in her store, I really felt like I knew what to tell her and how to answer her questions about the baby stuff. They have never had children so she doesn't have any first-hand experience with baby gear.

We picked out lots of good stuff and then headed over to the Children's part of the market. I was there to shop for bedding for Kallie and wow did I have a lot of choices. I met two girls who owned a company called Doodlefish (www.doodlefishkids.com) and they were fantastic. They had a website that you could use to select the kind of bedding you wanted and then place the different fabrics in. We came up with three designs on Sunday and I went back to the hotel to think about it. The price was half of what I would have paid for it in the store so that was awesome!

We went back Sunday morning and I changed things up a bit and it looked awesome, I could not be more excited! And the best part is they will have it to me in like a week to two weeks! That's SO fast! Jackie is thinking about carrying them in her store which would be really exciting b/c I can go on their website, design the bedding and then email it to Jackie! I really think that would be something I really really enjoyed!!

I don't have any pictures, just a print out that did not scan well but I will have it in in a few weeks and will get some pictures then!

We also got some really cute bags that were super cheap. I got some pewter serving dishes for like a third of what it would cost me in the store. They are being shipped to Jackie's store so I will get them when they come to her.

Mom and I are considering starting an online store to carry baby stuff. The mark-up in it is incredible so we really feel like we might could make it work. I would LOVE to actually open a store here and I think Jackie would be interested but I don't know if now is the time in my life to do that, with Kallie coming I can't imagine spending the long hours at a store that would take. Mom seems really excited to do something like that too so maybe it would work. Right now I think we are just focusing on the online store and seeing where that goes.

We are considering starting with Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bags and HotSlings and then seeing what happens. I am starting to research ways to set-up a website and what the cost of that will be and then start figuring this all out! It's exciting!

1 comments:

Tracie said...

How awesome to do an on line store!! You could def make some money there!!