THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, April 20, 2009

My Day in the ER and Labor and Delivery

Friday night I woke up at 1am and couldn't get a good deep breath. I tried moving around in the bed and ended up getting in the recliner trying to get comfortable so I could breathe. I could every once in a while get in a spot that was comfy and breathe a bit so I was finally able to fall asleep. I talked to the nurse b/c there is one doctor in on Saturdays and she thought it was anxiety. I didn't agree but thought whatever, well it started happening again and I called her back. She said that the doctor wanted me to go to the ER. That seemed silly to me and I asked if it could just be the baby's position and she said yes but there was nothing they could do about it.

I was concerned enough to go to the ER and once I got there they were concerned I had blood clots, especially since Ali had them too. I got a chest xray which worried me for the baby but they assured me was ok. They did bloodwork, an EKG and then sent me for a lung scan. They injected dye through the IV and that also worried me for the baby. I did the test and during the test started feeling really faint and the next thing I know I am waking up from passing out. The radiology tech had called a "code" to get help b/c that's the only way to call for help so half the ER staff comes running thinking I am in cardiac arrest. Everything came back normal and then finally sent me up to L&D to be monitored and the baby was doing great so I finally got to come home!

It was a horrible day that I felt could have been averted had the doc just brought me in and checked me out. I talked to my doctor today and he said that he would have done the same thing, that they have had two patients with clots this year and one with heart failure. That made me feel better about going but it was a long and miserable day!

0 comments: