THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, February 23, 2009

26 Week Appointment

I had my 26 week appointment with Dr. Madonia today. I had to do my glucose test where they screen for gestational diabetes, it is NO fun! You have to drink this really nasty orange stuff that is loaded with sugar and then you can't eat. I stopped at Whataburger and got some breakfast to take with me so I could eat afterwards. So my weight hasn't gone up any which makes me really happy after a 7 pound gainer month! My blood pressure is still great. The nurse gave me the pre-registration form for Providence but I have to deliver at Springhill because of insurance coverage issues (dumb Cigna!). I was shocked that it was already time to pre-register, it makes it feel really close!

So I talked to him about my headaches and leg cramps, he said to start magnesium/calcium supplements so I gotta pick up some of those at the store. We talked about the 2 vessel cord and he was just not at ALL concerned about it. He said their biggest concern is her organs and those all look great. I asked about low birth weight and he said that it really isn't a big deal anymore, they have a few problems with low weight babies but nothing that they can't handle. I asked if it was beneficial to have big babies b/c I was under the impression that the reason that babies with 2 vessel cords have low birth weight was b/c the artery couldn't keep up. He said that they don't know why 2 vessel cord babies stop growing so the fact that we have big babies is a good thing. I asked what the risks were if she were to stop gaining weight and he said that there are none as long as the fluid is still adequate, but if that drops then they deliver. He said that I needed an ultrasound at my next appointment and I love those! He said that they would also measure my uterus to make sure everything was growing as it should. So he is just so not concerned about it that I have decided I don't need to be concerned about it!

We also set a birthdate which is really exciting. She will arrive on Tuesday, May 26th if she doesn't come sooner! We haven't set a time yet but I hope to do that really early in the morning, I need to make sure we do that at our next appointment so we don't end up waiting until 1pm like we did with Kennedy Jane!

Yet another great appointment, I go back in 4 weeks at 30 weeks for an ultrasound and appointment and I think at that point we start going every 2 weeks! That means its getting closer. I am under 100 days!!


Photobucket

0 comments: