THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Job Changes

There is always reason to worry when at 11am on Friday you get an email that there is a mandatory teleconference at 1pm. I had plans to take Lauren to lunch at noon for her birthday so we had to shuffle that to earlier to make sure I was home in time.

Basically they are once again re-structuring the way the claims department works. They are going to a 50/50 model based on the notion that 50% of our claims come from field territories and 50% of our claims come from phone territories. So they are moving 50% of the reps into a full-time office position and leaving 50% of the reps as field reps. With 7 of us, that meant 4 field reps and 3 office reps. They were basing this decision first on geographics and claim volume, well I knew immediately that was me, the claims volume in Mobile has been pretty low compared to this time last year so I figured it was me. Veronica, my boss, didn't want to tell everyone who was going where with everyone together so I waited over 2 hrs to find out my fate.

I will be moving back inside as an office rep. In the grand scheme of things, no biggie and really a good deal for me. When I first started with Nationwide here in Alabama I was an office rep handling Montgomery claims. It was not until a co-worker here in Mobile got promoted that they moved me to a field position, about a year ago. I was horribly upset b/c I had to leave Kennedy Jane. Now I will go back to a complete office position which means NO leaving Kennedy Jane and this new baby and almost as good as that is never having to get dressed up for work!!

The drawback is I lose my company car and that stinks big time. Its been nice Scot and I both having company cars b/c we have no carnote, no insurance, no gas. However, we were planning on buying a used Tahoe or Yukon by next summer anyway and the company gives me $3000 before taxes for the loss of my company car so it will all work out. We will just use that money to pay the carnote and insurance and it will all be fine!

So now we get to shop for a new car and I get my big SUV back!

0 comments: