THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, May 10, 2010

Getting ready for Mexico -- Good call with TSA

We leave for Mexico in 12 days and I have been thinking about how best to travel with all the lotion we will need for Kallie, how I can make it fit into small containers and those said small containers fit in a gallon ziploc bag. I got on TSA's website and found their section on medical needs and it wasn't clear. It stated that the medications were not required to meet the standards for 3-1-1 however, I didn't see anything on non-prescription stuff. I called the TSA and actually spoke with a very friendly and helpful person who said that as long as I notified the screener of what I had and that it was for a medical reason it would not be a problem. That all sounds good but I went ahead and took it a step further and asked if it would prudent of me to request a letter from our pediatrician stating Kallie's condition and the lotions we use to treat them since they are over the counter. She said that it would be a good idea to just present that to the screener along with the lotions that we use and then it will not be a problem. So I feel good about that. Sometimes I love that I can be so OCD and such a planner!

0 comments: