THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today I got to meet ...

Well today I got to meet two of Tanner Williams Fire Dept's finest, and not in the physical sense! I was getting the girls ready to leave the house, Kallie was strapped in her car seat and Kennedy Jane was playing in the front seat. I had the passenger side door open and was coming and going putting stuff in the diaper bag and cleaning the car out. When we were ready to go I got Kennedy Jane out and shut the passenger side door, when I went to open Kennedy Jane's door I realized it was locked, as were all the other doors. Inside the locked car was my 10 month old baby, the keys, and my cell phone. GREAT! Luckily my neighbors were home, I borrowed their cell phone and they came over to help. I called my husband who was 30 minutes away with the spare keys. My next call was to the FD to see if they could help, at this point I would have paid anything to get my baby out of the car. They got there and after about 10 minutes of work they had the doors unlocked and the baby out of the car. Here are the good things: the car was not running, the weather was neither too hot nor too cold, and Kallie never got upset.

Lesson of the day: Never shut all the doors when your children are inside and ALWAYS have a spare set of keys where you can get to them!

0 comments: