THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kallie Eye Doctor Report

Well it wasn't as good as I had hoped and expected. I guess b/c all our other appts have gone so well I expected this one to as well and was a bit disappointed. He said anatomically her eyes are healthy and her cornea is healthy, all VERY good things! He said that she was prone to near-sightedness, which isn't surprising b/c I m blind as a bat without contacts. He said that her eyes were dry and that was concerning b/c if they get too dry they can cause damage to the cornea, which is healthy right now. He said worse case scenario, which is about a 10% chance, he would have to sew her eye partially shut to protect the cornea but he said that was highly unlikely. He said that here blink relfex was diminshed but that was b/c the skin is too tight around her eyes causing that to be difficult and he expected that to resolve itself once the skin loosens up.

He put her under a blacklight and I could see the skin starting to peel around her eyes so that is really encouraging, and she is starting to get wrinkles on her eyelids and that thrills me b/c it means the skin is softening up which is a GREAT sign!! So hopefully we just protect her eyes until they can protect themselves.

So we are to use artificial tears ALL the time, I mean seriously like every 15mi to make sure they stay plenty moist. He wants us running a humidifer at all times, so we are getting a whole house humidifier that will run through our AC unit. I am pretty excited about that b/c it will really help all of us!

So I had a good cry in the car on the way home b/c its really overwhelming. Not that all of this hasn't been serious but when you start talking about your child's eyesight that's big scary stuff. But I feel ok about things, its just something else we have to deal with. I just pray that things keep going well with her skin and when we get to this next layer that its healthy and soft and her eyes get better like we expect everything else to.

We see him again in 4 weeks and hopefully her eyes are not as dry and things have improved. Please keep praying for us.

0 comments: